Car Jump Start Service
BATTERY DEAD AND NEED A QUICK JUMP?
ROADSIDE SERVICES IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND, NO MEMBERSHIP FEES, GUARANTEED RATES & FAST ETA’S
If your battery has died, you may be able to use jumper cables to jump start it from some good Samaritan’s vehicle. If you can safely use jumper cables on your vehicle, make sure that the battery on the good Samaritan’s vehicle has at least as much voltage as your own. As long as you hook up the cables properly, it doesn’t matter whether your vehicle has negative ground and the GS’s vehicle has positive ground, or your vehicle has an alternator and the GS’s vehicle has a generator.
Your car’s battery can fail for many reasons, including extended lack of use, interior lights left on, or cold weather. No matter the cause, having a dead car battery can derail your plans and leave you stranded. Get quick help with a dead car battery from MSP, a better alternative for roadside assistance now available across the U.S.
Steps to Jump-Start a Car
- Park the car you’ll use for jump-starting next to the one with the dead battery, positioned close enough so that the cables will reach. The vehicles should not touch one another.
- Turn off the ignition on both cars.
- First, clamp one end of the positive cable to the dead battery’s positive clamp.
- Now have a helper connect the other end of that cable to the other battery’s positive clamp.
- Next, connect the negative cable to the negative terminal on the good battery.
- Finally, connect the other end of the negative cable to a ground on the vehicle with the dead battery. This can be the engine block or another metal surface away from the battery. Be careful not to touch the two ends of the cable together while doing this.
- Start the rescue car that is providing the electricity.
- Start the car with the weak battery. If it doesn’t start, check your connections and tighten or clean as needed.
- If it does start, let the problem car run for at least 20 minutes to allow the battery to recharge before shutting it off.
- If it still doesn’t start, there is another problem to be addressed. Call a local service station for help.
- Disconnect the cables in the reverse order.
- Background checks on every driver
- Stripped Stripped lug nut removal
- Fast & accurate ETA
- Heavy duty jack and professional tools
- 24/7 support
- Get the peace of mind needed for you and your car with MSP Roadside Assistance.
How fast can I get roadside assistance?
Most of the time, we can be at your location between 30 minutes to 45 minutes, all depends on traffic.
How can I pay for roadside assitance?
We accept most forms of payments (no checks), cash, credit, Venmo, etc.
Are your roadside assistance techs trained to help me?
Yes, all our drivers are trained and background checked for your safety
24/7 Roadside Assistance
Get fast & reliable service when you need it the most...